November 4, 2008

Texas Instruments

Heay there precious readers,

Am preparing for exam right now. Sitting in front of a computer in the library. Tapi sempat je nak curik masa jap update blog..ngehehehe..

Texas Instruments? Does it rings a bell to you?
yes, it is a well known calculator manufacturer which i'd been introduced to when I went to KMB. I bought this so called graphic-display-calculator (TEXAS INSTRUMENTS TI-84)back then which cost me RM360. Nak jaga GDC nih, bukan bende yg mudah. Kalau terjatuh, sume org akan pandang and give an omg!-GDC-die-jatuh-matilah kinda look sebab everyone kt KMB tuh faham how precious this particular 'machine' is.

Nak dijadikan cerita, this morning, I had STAT lab at Boucke 241. The class started at 9.05am and I arrived as early as 8.50am. Sampai je lab, I straight away buat la the lab exercise and guess what, within 20 minutes, I was done. It was 9.25 when I walked out of the room.

Then I had breakfast at the HUB. Two doughnuts are good enough for me despite the fact that the campus is no longer selling Dunkin Donuts. Well, lepas makan bagai, took a bus to the library, and buat homework Geochem.

sudden sudden (teringat kak julia), when I encountered a problem that needs a calculation, I searched my bag for my PRECIOUS GDC but!! it wasn't in my bag. I had a sudden adrenaline rush! Kaku seketika. Fikir punya fikir, I realized that I might have left it at 241 Boucke. And I scolded myself for being so clumsy!! tu la, kelas habis 9.55am, aku keluar 9.25am! padan muka!

so, calmly, I checked my mailbox, harap2 TA would send me email saying he keeps my GDC. tapi nan ado!!! the only thing i hope is that Brooke, a girl sitting next to me in the class will keep it and give it back to me this Friday.

And late in the afternoon, I went back home. On my way, I decided to stop by at the bookstore nak usha calculator baru. I need to have one sebab the next day ada exam hydro which requires extensive use of calculator. Kat bookstore cam mahal jek, and I went to student bookstore at the downtown, and without much hesitation, I bought myself a new calculator, TEXAS INSTRUMENTS TI-30X IIB-an ordinary scientific calculator. And it cost me $16. Quite affordable for a Texas Instruments. Am happy despite sedih jugak my old GDC yg harganya $159 at this particular store hilang, after 3 tahun it served my needs. *sigh*

And after dinner, I rushed back to the library. Nak sambung study hydro and INART. The first thing I did was to check my mail, and guess what!!!
The TA, Matt did send me email this morning saying he keeps my GDC. The mail was sent at 9.48am!!! 7 minutes before my class officially ends. **gosh!!** Meaning to say, if i stayed a bit longer in the class, I would not have left my GDC behind.

So, LESSON LEARNED **mode kak Carrie jap**

p/s: Best jugak this new calculator, it brings back my secondary school memories~

4 comments:

Amir Hazwan said...

gurragurra..
how can staying longer in the lab make u less careless? kalau dh ditakdirkan tercicir tercicir jugek kan? lampi seketika kot2 xpaham story di atas

haleem.arbi said...

that what i was thinking..no, at least kalau stay a bit longer..time busy packing up with other students, someone could remind me ryte?? ni org sebelah menyebelah masih busy wat exerciese, melk dah balik..tu la lupa..hiks!

daju said...

lain kali jgn keluar awal..haha..

i have 4 different calculators..
byk x?

tp xde la mahal mcm yours..
3 of them are financial calculators..

iamlz said...

Hahah..now you have a 'spare' now! ;)

Nx time wait till lecture finish ya! =)